kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Reply to SHvar, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Monitor Forum ]

Posted by monitor_dude on May 19, 2003 at 18:44:38:

In Reply to: Definition of savana... posted by SHvar on May 17, 2003 at 11:55:13:

You know, when I posted that question I didn't think I'd get an attitude-filled reply, but that's beside the point. I did in fact do some research before I bought my sav and nowhere did it say NOT to use sand as a substrate. My brother uses sand for his 1 1/2 foot savana monitor. I've seen pictures of savana monitors where they're in a sandy envrioment. Maybe I should have called the Animal Planet channel and asked them to send me a map showing all the areas where savana monitors live in the wild and cross-referanced that information to a topographical map, then determined where to fly to in order to obtain the most natural home-envrioment fixings for my lizard.
The point I'm trying to make here is that I asked for help from people with much more experiance than myself or my brother or the guy at Petco with savana monitor lizards. As for SHvar's reply, I didn't ask a stupid question expecting to get a stupid answer. I asked a legit question and hoped for an answer that made sense. Thank you Dragoon and savana_man. I'm going to mix the sand with dirt after I build my new enclosure and have closer to 4" of substrate in the bottom.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Monitor Forum ]