kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

And a tiny bit more info...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by munchkins on March 03, 2003 at 13:11:31:

In Reply to: Re: Some more info for you.. posted by markg on March 03, 2003 at 12:50:50:

Make sure that if you have to "brain" the pinky, that you use one that is already dead. Kind of obvious, but I would hate to have someone not think about it.
You can definitely feed it in a brown paper bag, sometimes that works very well. Make sure that you fold down the top and maybe tape it closed. Just don't let the snake come into contact with the tape and make sure you don't fold his tail or head into the fold, either.
He might not have eaten because he was going into a shed.
Measure the surface temp by putting the thermometer directly on the substrate. And don't use one of those stick on thermometers. Get a good one, like one that looks like a little clock, if nothing else.
Sinaloans do calm down pretty fast, probably by the time he is only 6 months old, he will be much calmer than now.
When you drill the holes, if you go with the plastic containers, make sure that the holes are not big at all. They can squeeze out holes that you would not believe. I would go with nothing bigger than the tip of a pen. And I am talking about the tip of the ink stem, not the plastic housing on the pen. But I have kept baby snakes in regular cages (glass and plastic tanks) for years with no problems. I always feed out of the tank in a separate secure container, so I don't worry so much about them finding the food and ingesting substrate while they are eating.
sue

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]