kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

dad is anonnoying me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by Aesear on May 14, 2003 at 21:57:17:

In Reply to: dad is anonnoying me posted by gekosrule on May 13, 2003 at 21:30:32:

::i would like someone to tell him to get off my back so that he will have trust in me so that i opefully 1 day get another leo and have lil ones.::
I have to agree with what everyone else on here has said. Your dad is NOT wrong! I would certianly hope that the health of your leos is more important than some vendetta you have with your parents and that you will listen to his advice.also, PLEASE research the breeding of leopard geckos before you hop off and buy another one. Breeding of leopard geckos can be a wonderful experience but it isn't as easy as just putting a male and female together and Presto! instant babies. you need a special incubator and the eggs need to be monitored carefully so that they don't die. in some ways caring for the eggs is more difficult than caring for the adults! also realize that they can lay QUITE a few clutches of eggs in a season. if the eggs hatch you must be prepared with what you are going to do with the babies. if you are thinking of it as a get-rich-quick scheme (as many people do) you are sorely mistaken. also many pet stores are so full of leos that they won't take any more so be sure you have homes for ALL the prospective leos. Hope all this helps!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]