kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Perhaps .001 cc per gram?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by LeosAnonymous on May 12, 2003 at 19:53:50:

In Reply to: Panacur dosage for leos posted by Starling on May 12, 2003 at 18:08:35:

Just wondering if you meant to say .001 cc/gram (assuming a 10% solution)...

My vet recommends a 0.05 cc dose for a 50 gram gecko... and that is one of the more aggresive doses I've heard of (100mg/kg).

Most books and other literature only call for up to 50mg/kg (Including "Understanding Reptile Parasites" by Dr. Klingenberg), which works out to .025 cc for a 50 gram animal.

If I'm doing the math right, .01 cc per gram (usuing 10% solution) would work out to 1000mg/kg dosing, which would be way up there.

-Ross Payan - www.LeosAnonymous.com

:The dosage I was given by my vet for leos is .01 cc per gram (per gram that your leo weighs)

::I have never had a problem with worms but I know Panacur is a good wormer. It is actually a horse wormer.I use it for my dogs and puppies but I don't know the dosage for a leo I do the dogs by the pound. I am sure somebody on here has used it and knows how much to give.

::
:::For those people who have a lot of experience with Leopard geckos, what kind of wormer have you found to be the most effective and the safest and where have you been purchasing it?

:::Thanks in advance,
:::Jeanne
:::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]