kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Tremper incubation method: Cheating?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by The Lizard Lady on May 09, 2003 at 22:01:19:

In Reply to: Tremper incubation method: Cheating? posted by geeboo on May 09, 2003 at 19:16:18:

In my opinion, the vast majority of people buying Leopard Geckos pick them on the basis of how they look and if their price fits into their budget, and are not the least concerned about HOW they got so beautiful, just that they are! How else can we explain why many people would rather go to a pet store or the Animal Shelter and get a nice pet for a low price instead of seeking out a breeder? I honestly can't think on any of the literally hundreds of people who have purchased Leos from me ever asking "what method of incubation did you use" or if I would produce a pedigree. It's all a matter of personal preference, and without the breeders who developed all of the diverse color morphs available on the market we would have very little choice. The exception would be a serious animal keeper or breeder looking to make an investment to add something new to his/her lines, and I would expect to have a more in-depth conversation in regard to the details of their genetics and breeding conditions.

If manipulating incubation temperatures to produce brighter and more colorful Leopard Geckos is "cheating," then so would artificially inseminating your Thoroughbred Mare with the cryogenically frozen sperm of Secretariat or Seattle Slew.

Marcia McGuiness
www.goldengategeckos.com

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]