kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thankies...answers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by armiyana on May 07, 2003 at 23:21:58:

In Reply to: So so sorry to hear that.. posted by KelliH on May 07, 2003 at 23:07:34:

Incubation was set at 78-80 degrees. I'm using a homemade incubator(10 gal aquarium with the underwater heater). Incubated in vermiculite.
It stays pretty humid in there, I know that may be an issue...but I've had healthy babies last year and my first 3 were fine this year.
There was one point in the incubation where the eggs had a severe jump in temps from the 80 to 90 degrees. That might have triggered it, but they were only exposed for a couple hours at most. So she might have gotten shocked from that jump during incubation.
One other egg hatched with a tiny little baby...smallest one I've seen yet. She's smaller than the newly hatched albino, even though her egg was 2x the albino's egg size...
She's from a first time breeder. Most of moms eggs were duds. That seems like the only fertile one...but one is still questionable. The male was proven last year with my other 4 females.
The mom also had a case of Calcium deficiency as a baby. I nursed her out of it and she's fine now. But maybe this could have been a sign of something else? Her cagemate (possible brother?) was raised at my home the same way, with a dish of Calcium at all times and dusted mealies...but he never became deficient.

Hope this helps. Thank you for the help Kelli ^_^

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]