kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: CALL FISH AND GAME NOW

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by woodheadd on March 02, 2003 at 18:26:32:

In Reply to: Caging conditions have to be illegal posted by antigone2071 on February 21, 2003 at 08:11:32:

:I went to a local history/nature museum the other day and was appalled at the conditions in which the animals where being kept. They had three huge coi (one was probably 3 feet long) in a tank the size of a bathtub together. They where also keeping adult Ball Pythons in 10 gallon, filthy, tanks with no heat source, no hide area, a very small half filled dish of water, and astroterf. They actually had a group of three chinchillas in the same environmet. I don't know much about birds, but they had a hawk and an owl in what I considered to be undersized cages. I wanted to take some pictures to show you all how appalling these conditions where, but they wouldn't let me. They said the cammera flash would disturb the animals (I think they where afraid of being exposed). I was wondering if there is anything I can do to see if I can get these animals resuced from this envrionment. These are beautiful and majestic creatures and they don't deserve to be treated this way.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]