kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Turtle laws/health department

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by shadow on February 10, 2003 at 09:48:14:

Hey guys,im sure everyone has read the news that we have a new health department commissioner.Since the turtle ban is a health department issue,should we go ahead and petition this new guy?His name is Kenneth S. Robinson.I spoke with a local pet store owner a few months back about the turtle law,and he told me that TWRA's captive wildlife coordinator spoke with the previous commissioner about the turtle ban,and he related to me that the guy said there was no way they were changing that.Maybe with this new guy,we may be able to reason with him.Im going to do some digging around for turtle/salmonella related cases(which is mostly the reason for the ban)in other states and start drafting a letter,or see if i can reach him personally by phone.Here is the health department link-http://www.state.tn.us/health/

Later,
shadow

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]