kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: PETITION AGAINST TORTURE OF SNAKES ON TV SHOW FEAR FACTOR!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by Mr. D on January 03, 2003 at 21:29:51:

In Reply to: PETITION AGAINST TORTURE OF SNAKES ON TV SHOW FEAR FACTOR! posted by ram on December 30, 2002 at 15:52:27:

What might be more effective than "signing" that petition, which I unfortunately also agree will have little to no legal weight behind it given the fact that there is no real way to verify legal age, etc, you might want to drop a line to the L.A. City Attorney's office. The attorney that was looking into attempting to prosecute both Fear Factor and NBC is Assistant City Attorney Bob Ferber. Somehow, "reality" TV doesn't fall under AHA jurisdiction because Hollywood is claiming that it is a "new" genre of television and therefor isn't governed by the SAG/AHA contractual agreements so there appears that nothing that can be done as far as the AHA is concerned. HOWEVER, I refuse to believe that California state animal cruelty statutes do not apply to either entity.

If you really want to make a difference checkout the link below, contact Atty. Bob Ferber's office and offer him your support. Then contact NBC, and Fear Factor and let them know what you think. It may not even hurt to CC Ferber's office on your letters to NBC and Fear Factor. Attorney Ferber seems to be genuinely conerned about this problem despite the walls that he is running into. On the phone he comes across as a man who really does want to resolve this and is rather disgusted with NBC and Fear Factor because of all of this. At least that was my impression the couple of times that I spoke with him when the initial stunt happened.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]