kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Petco Horror Story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by animalplanet on November 16, 2002 at 00:07:45:

In Reply to: Re: Petco Horror Story posted by LK on November 12, 2002 at 16:59:25:

:I would not have been so kind as you were.
:I would have left one number for them at
:the end of the voicemail, that being my
:girlfriend's lawyer I just got for her!

:
::I go to Petco to buy rats for my Hogg Island Boa, real close to where I live, reasonably cheap. Other than that, can not say I'm a big fan of their store.

::I sent my girlfriend there Sunday, because I would not be able to pick up a rat this week, so she would get one for me. She waited at the mouse cages, and after having them call over someone twice, someone finally came over. She was described as a "ditzy blonde" to me. Well, after struggling to get the rat into a box they reserve for small mice, the 4"x3" or so boxes, she realized it did not fit, and she did not want to touch it to push it in. She told my girlfriend rats don't bite.....

::Well you guessed it, she got bit while trying to do the incompetent employees job. My girlfriend, being as shy as she is, left the store bleeding with mice in hands.

::When I got home from work, needless to say, I wasnt too happy. Sure, I understand accidents happen, but the supervisor did not even come over to check on what happened or apologize.

::I call up the supervisor, and ask him if he's aware of what happened. "well yes I am". my response: and?. "well, rats dont normally bite, she must have been playign with it". Yeah, my girlfriend isnt known to play with too many rats. My next question of course was: Why didnt you apologize...."I was busy". Rediculous. Gave him plenty of time on the phone too, and he didnt offer to apologize then either. I informed him this was one of the most disgusting things I have even seen, and I would not be shopping at Petco in the future. His response "Thats fine" and hanging up.

::Now like I said, accidents happen, but this manager's conduct is unexcusable. So I ask you next time you need to buy a feeder, reconsider some place else besides Petco. And if you ever happen to be at the West Maple location of Petco in Omaha, NE, say hello to Matt the supervisor for me.

::And thanks to one of my friends who is old friends with a district manager down in the Southwest, I left voicemail for the local District Manager asking for an explanation.

::Thanks for your time,
::Marcus

::Sorry for the bad pic quality

:
Sorry to here about your petco experience. Petco is a horrible place and so are the employees as they have no idea. Go to a doctor- so you will have leverage.... secondly contact consumer affairs, the BBB (better business bureau) In fact you can file a claim against them online....... and call your local fish and game....

good luck-

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]