kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Baby Turtles

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by sejuka on September 19, 2002 at 18:25:00:

In Reply to: Re: Baby Turtles posted by Corey Sawyer on September 19, 2002 at 06:07:25:

I really don't want to get anyone in trouble. My biggest issue with the pet store at this point isn't that they are selling undersized turtles, but that they are giving improper care instructions. When I was talking to the employee about what I needed for my babies, he told me essentially to just get a fish bowl with a rock sitting up somewhere, like you see in all the movies. Obviously these people are dealing in animals they don't know how to care for, so most of the babies aren't going to make it. I guess you could call it an ethics issues. Do I decide not to get the people in trouble, or do what I can to help the RES's?

Minor issue. Dont call teh feds on them.
:Best bet is to bring it to there attention.

:Calling the feds just makes it worse for us legal dealers. Heck, im 100% legal and I have been having problems recently, along with a few others I know. Leave the feds out of the industry as much as possible, unless you see something major (ie miss treated animals, smuggling endagered stuff etc).

:Corey Sawyer

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]