kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wait a while & Double check the sexes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by PeeBee on April 18, 2003 at 23:51:59:

In Reply to: Brooksi and violent copulation[almost] please read and let.. posted by Nokturnel Tom on April 18, 2003 at 20:20:32:

:Let me know what you think. Brooksi pair, 4 ft,twitching tails and eating like pigs. I have been putting them together for about 2 weeks every other day and they're showing more and more interest until today they are going nuts. Both seemed to be flagging and doing things snakes do before they breed like crawling on each other and stuttering alongside each other. Now they're constricting each other, but not biting and every other minute they zoom into a new position and it looks like chaos in there! They're definitely not fighting but what i am curious is what i should do? I mean it's friday night and I can leave them in together for another 6 hours easily before I go to bed, but if they continue this chaotic behavior should I attempt to stay awake half the night and hope the male tires her out and has his way with her? Or don't sweat it and remove the male late tonight even if they're still acting like this and just try again tomorrow? This is the closest they've come to locking up so I am pretty wound up hoping they complete the mission. I won't leave them together overnight, but I will stay up all night if it is best to leave them together. Any advice? Tom

Twitching tales & jerking are good signs. Constricting - not good. Two 4 ft kings are better than 1 fat 4 footer. Going crazy or zooming along each other either means they aren't ready to mate, or that they are the same sex.
(voracious appetite could mean 2 females)

If there's no question that they are opposite sex, separate them & try re-introducing them to each other in another week or two.
(sorry for the blank post)

PB

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]