kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Does this setup sound fine?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by BOBAFETT on April 15, 2003 at 00:05:58:

Ok, i have to know, i dont want my little girl to die or get sick. When i first got her i kept her on aspen, which seemed fine. But a few weeks later she developed some blistering on her head (She cant have got burned, the light and UTH are out of reach, and it hot enough anyhow). I thought it may be due to it being too dry. She was sitting coiled around her plant, it was quite moist also. Well, i know brooks come from cypress swamps, so i said whats a few extra bucks. And now shes in a gorgeous vivarium. Its got a few different kinds of moss, and the cypress mulch. She seems to like it a lot, but a good deal of you say to use aspen, and im just wondering if its a money saver, or just safer.

Dan

P.S. There are also tiny wood mites, there are few, but no mites are on her. So im assuming they are not the kind to worry about. You can also see me and my friends site WWW.yoloherps.tk
:) Take a look and sign guestbook, tell us what u think. Much appreciation.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]