kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: SNAKE ABUSE>>WHAT DO I DO>>>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by tigress on April 13, 2003 at 03:58:57:

In Reply to: SNAKE ABUSE>>WHAT DO I DO>>> posted by cold_blooded on April 12, 2003 at 22:55:35:

I'm not really sure what you can do. I you can get his name if you see him again you can try reporting him. Or if you know of a herp club or something near you maybe see if he'll give the snakes up to you and you could put them up with the society for adoption (That's what I did when some one came in with a poor turtle that we later found out was a lot worse off than originally looked. At least the guy cared, apparently the neighbr dropped the turtle off on him saying he didn't want it anymore. The guy had no clue on turtle care and brought it into our store hoping to find help on what he needed to do and if the turtle was sick. I convinced him after he learned that he couldn't just put it in a cardboard box to let me take it to my friend who could put it in her society's adoption process. Good thing I did, that turtle was so thin she looked like a he, her plastron was concave, she had old and new shell rot, and apparently even at one ponit was run over by a lawnmower).

Working at a petstore can be a real pain sometimes, I know I work at one too. Especially when you meet the pet owners who really don't deserve pets (for example there's a woman who goes through my line feeds her german shepherd one cup of food a day. That's about a third or less of what a gsd woudl need!). Or even coworkers (I've got one I really don't trust to take care of a turtle well and she wants one and I don't evne think she knows a thing about any sort of reptile care. I'm trying to emphasize to her to at least research the care first but I'm not sure how mcuh will get through to her).

In general though I don't find as many herp people I want to rant about, they seem to in general seem to care for their pets better than a lot of people who own dogs or cats (being popular pets you get a lot of people who just shouldn't have animals having them).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]