kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

well said! nice post ac!! np.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by dan felice on May 12, 2003 at 22:55:07:

In Reply to: To Dryguy posted by A.C. on May 12, 2003 at 22:22:20:

:CG,

:Thanks for your input on the tragedy of your couperi. I have to say that it scared me into taking my female outer banks king to the vet today. She had laid one sad looking egg late fri and another last night. She was obviously still full of more, so thinking of your post and loss I took her to the vet...a first for me since I have never had seriously ill herp in my care. He gave her a shot of oxytocin after he felt 2-3 eggs in her 4' body. They were obviously blocking her.
: I know its not big time, but your loss was not a total one as it did some good in that your post echoed in my ears as I saw my girl struggling with her eggs. If it wasn't for your info, I probably would have sucked it up as I have never had problems in the past. I might have been making a similar sad post on the Lampropeltis forum in the morning.
:However, the $75 vet bill was well worth the piece of mind.
:
Thanks

:A.C.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]