kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

NEXT STEPS....(IBCA)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by DeanAlessandrini on February 24, 2003 at 08:15:32:

..and I don't see myself as infallible in matters of IBCA(I'd be the indigo pope if that were the case)...so...these are just my thoughts:

First we need to define who the members currently are. Some of you were conclusive that you were, others were not. Please let me know¡Kand I¡¦ll compile a list with contact info. Please give me you phone # too¡Kand address, if you feel comfortable with that.

I personally don¡¦t want a formal organization with a treasurer and by laws and blah blah. I¡¦m already involved in too many of those and the more time and work commitment you expect out of people, the fewer people you¡¦ll have involved.

What I envision is a listing of ¡§approved donatees¡¨ that members will suggest. It will be the responsibility of the person who suggests the donatee to contact them to see how to make the donations (if they can even accept donations!) and who to make the checks out to, where to send, etc. They will also need to make sure that they are willing to send a letter on official letterhead with acceptance of the donation so that the ¡§buyer¡¨ of the snakes can be ensured his/her money was contributed as promised. It will be the responsibility of the seller to make sure that each buyer gets such a letter.

After the ¡§list¡¨ is compiled (and it can be added to at any time), the seller would make his choice as to which donatee to send the check to, (which would be 10% of the net sale) excluding shipping¡Ketc.

My personal requirements for donatees would be any person, group or organization who would use the money for :

ƒÞ wild indigo snake research
ƒÞ wild indigo snake conservation / recovery efforts
ƒÞ indigo snake educational programs or exhibits
ƒÞ indigo snake habitat conservation / management

No pressure to those of you who elect not to participate, but¡Kyou know you can tack on a couple bucks to your sale price to make up some of it you know¡KI think people are going to prefer to buy their snakes from ICBA folks¡Kso it would make sense to participate.

I started this pony show so I feel an obligation to throw all my ideas out there¡Kbut¡KI¡¦m always open to suggestions, comments, criticism, etc !!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]