kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: LET'S VOTE !! (EVERYONE HAS TO READ THIS!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by Chris Ken on February 18, 2003 at 11:17:00:

In Reply to: LET'S VOTE !! (EVERYONE HAS TO READ THIS!) posted by DeanAlessandrini on February 18, 2003 at 10:45:37:

:Ok, So I’ve taken all the GREAT suggestions for names for the “group” and hacked it down to 20. Any suggestion where just “indigo” mentioned was changed to “indigo snake”. Someone made a great point that there are lots of other indigo animals, so I think we need to be specific. Suggestions that were very similar were merged into one. I threw out anything that seemed to be a joke. I also threw out anything that had the word “trust” in it…as I don’t envision a trust here. My thoughts are that each breeder sends his own money.

:SO HERE'S THE RULES:

:Vote to me by private email (drini@fuse.net)
:Each person who votes should pick his top five entries by number (Example I pick #’s 2,4,6, 8 and 10 etc)
:It does not matter what order the entrees you pick are in.

:Please identify yourself if YOU ARE A BREEDER WHO WILL PARTICIPATE in one way or another. You don’t have to breed Drymarchon, you just have to be willing to donate funds for one or more of the recipients we choose. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE’S VOTES WILL COUNT TWICE.

:Everyone else who votes is expected to be a forum contributor of at least some regularity.
:Your votes will count one time.

:After the vote are tallied…I’ll pick the TOP THREE of all vote getting suggestions…and we’ll have a final vote, where you pick only your favorite.

:Make sense?
:Email me if you have questions before you vote. Or….

:SEND ME YOUR TOP 5 !! (remember, just pick #’s, you don’t have to type the whole thing out!)

:Dean

:
:HERE THEY ARE:

:1- Indigo Snake Recovery Alliance (ISRA)
:2- Indigo Snakes Unlimited (ISU)
:3- Indigo Snakes Forever...(ISF)
:4- Indigo Snake Freedom Foundation (IFF)
:5- Indigo Snake Management Foundation (IMF)
:6- Indigo Snake Foundation for Recovery and Protection (IFRAP)
:7- Indigo Snake Breeders' Conservation Alliance (IBCA)
:8- Indigo Snake Preservation Alliance (ISPA)
:9- Indigo Snake Conservation Fund (ISCF)
:10- Indigo Snake Foundation for Recovery & Protection (ISFRP)
:11- Indigo Snake Guardians (ISG)
:12- Drymarchon Alliance (DA)
:13- Drymarchon Alliance for Research and Education (DARE)
:14- Breeders Helping Indigo Snakes (BHIS)
:15- Breeders for the Protection of Wild Indigos (BPWI)
:16- Blue Peace (BP)
:17- Friends Representing Endangered Drymarchon (FRED) I think Chris K. Submitted this one (LOL)
:18- Project Indigo Snake Shield (PISS) …funny…
:19- The Guardians
:20- The League for the Conservation and Protection of Indigos (LCPI)
:

I didn't submit #17,but that would be my vote,LOL!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]