kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Nice ideas, young fella!! Keep 'em coming..Carl.. N/P

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by dryguy on February 05, 2003 at 13:51:25:

In Reply to: Re: time to put our $$ where our mouth is(some idea's for ya posted by lynex17 on February 05, 2003 at 12:22:16:

:I am new t Dry's (had mine a few months) and pretty new to herps in general, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents (i'm not a breeder yet either, but if anyone out there has got an 01 melanurus female they're thinking about selling let me know. or maybe just a breeding project in a few). I think that the name should mention the conservation and protection of Indi's. Also, under our name there should be a statement of what exactly we do. i don't know--something like, protecting and preserving habitat since 2003. something short and sweet.

:The League for the Conservation and Protection of Indigos (LCPI)
:Breeders for the Protection of Wild Indigos (BPWI)

:I can't really think of anymore right now, but if i do, i'll post them. aslo, a few more idea's. Once this thing gets rolling a little more, we should write up a statement that anyone who wants to be a member has to sign. And even now someone should be writeing down...like keeping a journal of how we are doing this so that when someone else does contact a member about starting their own group to save ratsnakes or whatever then we could have a little packet or something to send them. Also, once we decide on a logo we could have someone make a web site for it, maybe on the side of their own site (ie: someone who has there own little web page to sell their snakes or something) we could post and advertisement on kingsnake. just some idea's--if anyone wants to use/amend these feel free.
:Travis.

:

::So?it?s time for us to put our money where our mouths is!
::I will be (very soon) introducing my first nomination to receive the donations from snakes sales as many of you so kindly and unselfishly agreed to.

::The person I will be introducing is heading up the GA indigo study, and is on a shoestring budget. We have a REAL chance to help wild indigos here folks.

::So?I want input on what to name this group. OUR group. The group that anyone who cares will want to buy their baby Dry?s from because we are the ones giving back.

::I envision this "logo" by our name each time we offer a baby for sale?guaranteeing the buyer that 10% (I think that?s the # we agreed on) of the sale will go toward recovery efforts / conservation of habitat etc.

::We need (in my opinion) to assure that the recipient would be willing to send a letter EACH TIME a donation is made to the end user (buyer of the snake) thanking them for the donation. This way, we can weed out the breeder who would be tempted to say they are part of our group?but not actually contribute.

::Anyway?we need a name, right?
::Vote on this?

::I?ll start off with one idea here, and I?d like everyone to think of a suggestion or 2.

::Here?s mine:

::The BGB association (Breeders giving back)

::PS...Since I started the wheels turning on this, I'm kind of taking the reins, but I want input from everyone as to how to make this thing work...who to contribute to (I'm working on more ideas), how much, how to promote it...etc etc.

::let' rock...

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]