kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Just ONE more, I promise...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by dryguy on February 05, 2003 at 11:17:10:

In Reply to: How about....(I'm sorry, working all night as an old Fart .. posted by dryguy on February 05, 2003 at 11:11:28:

Indigo Recovery Alliance (IRA)
Indigo Recovery Society (IRS, imagine the response we'd get if we solicited funds!!)
Drymarchon Alliance (DA, another eye catcher for a logo!)

Never believe a Indigo Addict who is NOT EVEN looking for help!!!

:makes me a little sillyy!)

:Indigos Unlimited (IU...Knock off of Ducks Unlimited...)
:Indigos Anonymous (IA..I'd 'haf to B 'Da Pres!)
:Drymarchon Alliance for Research and Education...DARE
:Indigos Forever...IF (Knock off of Pheasants Forever, etc..)
:Indigos Freedom Foundation (IFF)
:Indigo Foundation for Recovery and Protection (IFRAP)
:Blue Peace (BP..Hope the Brits won't mind! Or that we don't sink our boats in the Everglades!))
:Indigo Management Foundation (IMF...The third world will love us!!)
:Endigo Protection Agency (EPA...Mr Bush may put a contract out on us!)

:
:I could go on, but for your sakes I won't:-)...

:In all seriousness, any name we pick, in reality, will be known only by us and a very small contingent of people we help fund...I do think it is important to work the word Breeder/Breeders in somewhere...Initials with a catch (DARE,EPA etc) would be nice...
:And, Deano, I think it is a requirement taht whomever is a beneficiary of the funding, sends a letter back to us for both documentation and IRS purposes, acknowledging the donation...I just hope my 10% amounts to something this year!! Pick a good one for us Dean...
Carl

:

:So?it?s time for us to put our money where our mouths is!
::I will be (very soon) introducing my first nomination to receive the donations from snakes sales as many of you so kindly and unselfishly agreed to.

::The person I will be introducing is heading up the GA indigo study, and is on a shoestring budget. We have a REAL chance to help wild indigos here folks.

::So?I want input on what to name this group. OUR group. The group that anyone who cares will want to buy their baby Dry?s from because we are the ones giving back.

::I envision this "logo" by our name each time we offer a baby for sale?guaranteeing the buyer that 10% (I think that?s the # we agreed on) of the sale will go toward recovery efforts / conservation of habitat etc.

::We need (in my opinion) to assure that the recipient would be willing to send a letter EACH TIME a donation is made to the end user (buyer of the snake) thanking them for the donation. This way, we can weed out the breeder who would be tempted to say they are part of our group?but not actually contribute.

::Anyway?we need a name, right?
::Vote on this?

::I?ll start off with one idea here, and I?d like everyone to think of a suggestion or 2.

::Here?s mine:

::The BGB association (Breeders giving back)

::PS...Since I started the wheels turning on this, I'm kind of taking the reins, but I want input from everyone as to how to make this thing work...who to contribute to (I'm working on more ideas), how much, how to promote it...etc etc.

::let' rock...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]