kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

BL, Steve is very correct....It may not seem..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by dryguy on January 24, 2003 at 16:10:29:

In Reply to: Re: Administer it with a small syringe.... posted by bobl on January 24, 2003 at 07:18:24:

That there should be any difference, but it(the drug) does not get
exposed to the digestive process when administered directly...The drug is more effectively adsorbed in 1 bolus dose..Carl

::Bobby,
:: Be aware that there is mixed opinion regarding dosing a food animal with flagyl. Our vets at Philly Zoo don't feel like it's real effective. Also, if you go to herp swaps, you might see a stainless steel extension for a syringe. It has a polished ball on the end. You can run it safely down nearly any herp's throat and it makes it easy to medicate by yourself. You can also find them on-line.
::Good Luck,
::Steve B.

::
::
:Steve,

:I don't see why it wouldn't work, especially when I injected it under the skin and not in the muscle or body cavity.
:I'll have them tested after treatment to make sure though.
:I've seen the devices you mention and if worst comes to worst I'll go that way, but I like to avoid having to do that until I have to do it that way.
:Thanks for the info Steve.

:Bobby

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]