kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Temperature..Is it too cold?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by chelefloyd on May 10, 2003 at 23:27:22:

In Reply to: Temperature..Is it too cold? posted by funflyer on May 10, 2003 at 20:51:12:

What size cage? you should have a thermal gradient from one side of the tank to the other.. and from the top to the bottom.. think 3d with heat.. at least 95 at the basking site for a baby... 85-90 at the bottom of the hot side.. 75-85 on the cool side. Do not handle it for at least a week.. just clean up after it and feed it a good green diet. http://www.iguanaden.com
I mist my baby about 5-10 times a day with a normal spray bottle. Mine was inactive the first 4 days or so.. and didn't really eat on its own for that same time period.. just be patient and read read read!!!! when you have some time read this.. it is very helpful and informative http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/icfs/index.html
although I prefer the iguana den diet over the one on the anapsid site... Good luck!

:Hello, Ive just purchase a small iguana from my local pet store and I have built a cage for it and I have it all ready and it is in there now.

:My question is....Current the temp of the cage is 75 degrees, its this too cold?

:It does not seem to be very active, it just sits on the log where i put it and does not move, It has not eaten either?

:It seems scared when i go to hold it. IT is very young right now, about12 inches (head-tail)_

:I have a basking lamp but it does not seem to be rising them temp much at all. Its a 100watt ceramic heater also.

:I will post a pic later.

:Thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]