kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Cheap tricks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by girlzilla on May 02, 2003 at 15:24:28:

In Reply to: Green Ig Blues posted by AlliMarie on May 02, 2003 at 11:43:54:

I also think that only having had one month, you have made great progress!

I read this a little while ago on this site: Let your ig crawl out of the bath via your arm. You're nice and warm, especially after he's had a bath, and he'll realize that you're the only way out of the bath, if he wants to go.

I also read here about brushing an iguana with a baby brush. I bought one for Bud, and he LOVES it.

The other thing he likes is being brushed with a baby toothbrush while in the bath, and having water poured over him (but not the head)in the bath.

And of course, hand-feeding. (The feeding of greens by hand, of course, not the feeding of hands.)

I'm not really sure most people's iguanas really enjoy being with them, as opposed to just tolerating them. They seem to have their own little agendas, and are sometimes annoyed when we bother them for attention!

I was really excited the other day when Bud didn't hesitate to walk over me in his journey across the couch. (My ig walks all over me :) He's mostly walked around me, or gotten skittish if I sat up or moved when he was walking on the couch. So I advise patience. Good for you for adopting him! :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]