kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I agree. n/m

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by xta on April 18, 2003 at 19:22:59:

In Reply to: Illness does not affect just Ig's... posted by catsandlizards on April 18, 2003 at 13:44:15:

:As you can tell by my user id catsandlizards I have cats also.
:Last september my 14 year old female named Bumble Bee was diagnosed with CRF (chronic liver failure).
:There is no cure for this it is fatal. She is on sub q fluids that I give her, different medications and antacids and I die a little more each day as I see her losing weight.
:Right now she is in a good mode, it's liek a roler coaster good and bad days, soon the bad will outnumber the good and I will be facing a decision.
:I have also bee through earlier this year the spaying of Lizzy my Ig, she could not lay her eggs this time and her vet had already warned me last year the spaying would have to be done.
:With this I was a complete basket case, thinking she would never make it, she did and I am happy to say she is doing so very well now.
:Yes I agree with bans, as much as I love my girl Lizzy sometimes mans greed takes over and this is the outcome. many unwanted and uncared for exotics.
:Hope no one is offended with my posting of a differnet species here but sadness and illness can happen with any crearure, including us.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]