kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Iguana died and I'm looking for answers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by zelda on April 14, 2003 at 10:22:08:

In Reply to: Iguana died and I'm looking for answers posted by visualsun on April 14, 2003 at 09:30:04:

Were these animals housed together? are they babies? do they have the proper temps and UVB? What in the world is Biotize wast
degrader and Aquatize water conditioner? Never heard of them. My igs get tap water did you bring any of them to the vet for a checkup or fecal sample to check for parasites? If they were housed together you would have had to watch them constantly to see if they were all eating, usually older animals have a hierachy of who eats first etc dominating other animals and he may not have been eating properly...Bloated in an adult could haave meant eggs that could not come out in a baby many conditions.....let us know some particulars so we can try to sort it out for you or at least give some ideas....Lyn

:My iguana iguana has been found dead this morning. He was eating fine and the only thing i noticed was he would sneeze and there was substantial amount of colorless watery liquid coming out of his mouth. He has been eating fine (greens, melon, strawberries) and seen to drink water which has been treated with Biotize wast degrader and Aquatize water conditioner from Exoterra. The other 3 Iguanas are doing fine. I am trying to find out why he died and if the liquid coming out of his mouth is important. His body was soft and severly bloated and looks like he suffocated from intense swelling of his airway. Any ideas?
:daniel@visualsun.ws

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]