kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

wow.. this got long... sorry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by rjward97 on April 10, 2003 at 22:32:29:

In Reply to: IGNORE OTHER POST....READ THIS ONE!!! Oops, sorry!!!!!!!!!!! posted by IGUANA JOE on April 10, 2003 at 15:15:11:

First off, I got one of those 'evil-most-the-time-igs', well more like a very solitary ig.. She will ocasionally allow me to pet her head, but usually only when she is too tired to deal with me... It is a wrestling match to get her out of her indoor cage to put her in her big outside cage...and even worse when it is time to bring her inside at night. I hope with more time(..years..) spent with her will calm her and someday she will come looking for my attention... but I love her for who she is. Ohwell if she always looks at me with suspicion. Have had Spike since she was an iglet, going on 6 years now.

I got my first ig because I saw my brother in law had one. His was as evil as they get. But lookin gback he was most likely just a very unhappy ig. I loved the way they looked, the way they acted... but the first died, thanx to the pet store she/he was vry ill and they gave me very wrong info. Then I got Spike a few monthes later... still used they pet shop care... then got online.. wow was I mad... but anyhow...

I believe somtimes people see our Igs and set ups and think how neat it would be to have that themselves. But a lot of the time when you explain their care requirments, and that it would be easier raising a human child(I have 2 kids; 2 and 5) than owning an Ig they change their mind.

Do not consider myself a hippie.... reading my igs body language as you would a person/mammal.. sometimes.. but I do think we should tell more of the not so sweet tales of Ig keeping.. tell how your boys go nuts every year.. get photos of your battle wounds as well as those adorable holiday photos! they may get 'dog-tame' but they will never be a dog... they have mood swings like.. well like me for one : p .... future owners and new owners need to understand that they may end up with an ig that would rather never be touched and what are they going to do? dump it of love it for who it is?

well now I am just rambling on and on.. what were we talking about again...
Roxanne

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]