kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well Yasser, the out come will be....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hybrid Forum ]

Posted by HerpHobbiest on January 02, 2003 at 19:28:19:

In Reply to: So whyat are you hoping to create of this? more posted by Yasser on January 01, 2003 at 12:24:35:

Well Yasser, the out come will be:

Salmon 100% Het Albino Bci x Bcc
And 100% Het albino Bci x Bcc

Very unlikely to be resold as Common Boas Bci or Red Tail Boas Bcc.

I want more color in Albinos, Salmons and imagine Sunglows!!!

Bcc seems the path I must follow.

I do not wish to create some freak snake... I want to refine something already beautiful

Herp Hobbiest

:The outcome will still be a plain ol' boa.
:You will merely be mixing genetics without creating anything unique. This cross has been done many times over the years and you will find it hard to sell your babies.
:If you wish to hybridize, try to make a bigger jump. Perhaps a Redtail x yellow anaconda or Redtail X Rainbow.
:That way if there is ever a loss of documentation as your offspring get sold and resold and resold, the babies will still be visually different enough to tell that they are indeed hybrids. You will not be able to tell any diff between your propsed hybrids and pure BCC or BCI.
:Just my .02
:-Yasser

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Hybrid Forum ]