kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Bluerosy I got a question for you.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hybrid Forum ]

Posted by Bluerosy on December 10, 2002 at 09:57:21:

In Reply to: Bluerosy I got a question for you. posted by nine0proof on December 08, 2002 at 18:39:08:

The Dream King is a project that started several years ago from a weird looking wc sulfer yellow brooksi that was found. It bred to normals and shortly thereafter died. Some of the neonates escaped leaving a very small gene pool. The patial yellow animals that survived were then also outcrossed to a apalachicola king and to a floridana and so there are two lines . One with no brooks (pure floridana) blood and another line with apalachicola.
Because no accurate records were kept on these it is hard to say which have apalachicola blood in them and which don't. In any case it makes them pure getula.
I am not sure about the lavender (Osborne/Ricks)line being pure getula as there is plenty of controversy on those.

:I was just wondering what the Dream king is. I've never heard of one. Thanks. Nice picture.

:::

::::I just got my first one at a show last weekend. It's a 50/50 jungle corn. Both parents were albinos and it shows. I swear this snake has the exact same color and pattern as an albino burmese. It's over 4 feet and hasn't been handled much so it still acts a little nervous when handled, but he's already showing improvement. Maybe I'll get pics up soon. Oh, and for all of you anti-hybrid people, I also have 4 pure female corn snakes of various genetic backgrounds and I might just breed this male to all of them to make you mad. Haha, try and stop me-if you don't like it, stay out of the hybrid forum. For all of you others who actually belong here, I'd love to see pics of your jungle corns.

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Hybrid Forum ]