kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

sorry...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by rjward97 on May 05, 2003 at 14:59:33:

In Reply to: A story, and explanation posted by birdznfrogs on May 04, 2003 at 13:46:25:

Oh man that is horrible... I was pretty much the opposite.. I would go into my grandparenst big ol' garage and catch.. BLACK WIDOWS.. lol I was screwed up lol.. I used to keep them in coffe cans and feed them horse flies and whatever else I could find. Well that is until one of the 'grown ups' would find my pet and let it go.. probably kill it.
But now I do get a little creeped out when I see a spider crawl across a wall in my house.. but I did have a pet tarantula I found wondering around inside my in-laws house(has since passed away) but I could never bring myself to hold it... eee
But sorry for your messed up childhood experience...
Roxanne

:Ok, in the post below you can see I don't like spiders. I think there creepy, gross, ugly, and don't ever want tp be near the smallest jumping spder. Well, ... I figure my experience that I had about the age of five caused me to hate them so much.

:I was five, and in my backyard... playing along and wanted to go back inside. So, I went to my opening gate. It was closed, and on the door was a huge orb web spider with its huge web. Ughh, I screamed..., and ran to my other backyard entrance. Once again the door was closed, and there was a huge orb web with its web. I screamed even louder, and was crying now cause I had no way out! Screaming, crying, sobbing, I ran to my treehouse. What do you know, there was another Huge icky spider!!! By this time I was howling, with screams, and tears. (LOL,I remeber it all so well.) I was just runninig around my backyard, and I'd see more, and more of the sick large things. My dad eventually heard me, and saved me from the giant gross things!!!

:Don't think I've EVER liked spiders since. Yuck, no thank you.
:Oh, I also hate earwigs, lol...

:SSSSSSteven

:And I live in southern ontario, lol. We don't even have tarantulas. The day a tarntula touches, me is the day I'll die, or go into cardiac arrest.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]