kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Anybody else have this problem?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by gomezvi on February 25, 2003 at 14:31:48:

In Reply to: Re: Anybody else have this problem? posted by Craig W on February 23, 2003 at 12:29:31:

:I find it embarrasing when people say I have pet herpes. As for the mating with turtles, I know one person who is convinced I have oral pleasures with my snakes. According too him, I like the fact they constrict and swallow. Idiot.

Now I'm being an idiot!
I'm chuckling to myself, thinking of my circle of friends and family and them referring to my "pet herpes". None of them do- they're either into herps themselves, or are complete repulsed and don't want to even mention the subject.
As for your constricting, swallowing snake, I'll have to admit, I've never thought of it, but that's very funny! Don't let the idiots win. Roll with the punches and answer back with humor. My mom made mention about my mice, and how they've taken a que from me (I have 4 kids, the mice have been equally fertile). Rather than take offense to this unwelcome comment, I offered to allow her to borrow a colony of my mice- perhaps her husband (my stepfather) could take a que from them as well...
Happy Herping!
(or Happy Herpesing!)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]