kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What happens when herpers meet celeberties?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by anuraanman on February 16, 2003 at 18:13:34:

This summer I was involved in some herp research with audubon Take P.A.R.T. One night we decided to take a break from herping so the 8 of us (all teens) hopped in the van and headed to a Vermont Expos game. (note: the expos
mascot is the seamonster Champ, a mythical herp of lake champlain, sort of like Lockness.) So we get to the game and notice that Kathy, from the CBS reality show Survivor, is signing autographs. We all decided to be smart and see if she knew her herps. One at a time and a few minutes in between we teased her without her even knowing it. I was first. I was pretty to the point in saying "I'm taking a statewide poll, would you mind answering one question for me? Can you name 10 of the 40 species of herps in the state of Vermont?" She gets this blank look on her face and says "Umm, I thought there were more than 40 types of plants here." As I walked away she says to the next person, "Well that was wacky!"
A few minutes later the next herper entered the line of people to meet the captive animal, Kathy. When it was her turn she asked, "What's you're favorite kind of herp?" Kathy just pretended that she didn't hear the question, signed her autograph and moved on.
About 20 minutes later the next herper was up. Her question was, "What kind of herps did you see on the island?" Kathy got real exited, "Wow, you are like the 4th person that's asked me that! What is a herp anyway." the herper then sais "Oh, reptiles and amphibians" Kathy says, "Oh, well there were lots of stuff like millepedes and crabs of all sizes, oh, and some 'geeckos'" (note: geecko not a typo)
Over the next hour or so the rest of our group asked their questions. Towards the end she was becoming a little creeped out I think. She had this look on her face like "what on earth is going on here?" After all was said and done one of us went up to her and said, "You're on candid camera". Kathy gets that exited look again and shouts out, "NO I'M NOT" We stuck to our story for a while but I'm not sure if we were all that convincing.
That said, messing with the lady from suvivor's head was much more fun and exiting than the actual baseball game. lol

Kiley

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]