kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

omg. i can't believe it!...wait a minute, yes i can.-np-

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by kristin on September 23, 2002 at 12:17:53:

In Reply to: I\'m sorry, I don\'t work here!!! posted by gomezvi on September 05, 2002 at 16:37:36:

:So I'm sitting around work, kinda bored, so I head over to Reptile Killers (not actual name of Petstore, but should be) during my lunch break to just kinda window shop. Loud metal music is blasting through the place, and all employees are apparently cut from the same block of cheese: shaven head, goatee, black tee-shirt and multiple body pearcings are the uniform of the shop. I am by no means an "expert", nor do I pretend to be one. I engage one of the guys behind the counter (playing with a pinkie mouse) about one of the monitors for sale:
:Me: Excuse me, is that a salvatori or surinam?
:clone: Erg, well, I dunno. I think its some sorta lizard.
:Me: (noticing pinkie) How much are you selling your pinkies for?
:clone: I dunno. Is that a frog or lizard?
:Seeing where this is going, I let the clone off the hook and just walk away, looking at the skinks. I now hear someone trying to get advice for their chameleon from the clone:
:clone: A 10 gallon tank is a perfect size for your (grown) veiled chameleon, since they don't move much. Just give it a water bowl and make sure you handle it on a regular basis to allow it to get used to people, or it might die from lack of attention.
:I had to jump in and give my two cents worth. I reccommended the 65 gallon reptarium as a minimum size for this animal, preferably the 100 gallon or larger. I also warned about the risks of upper respitory infections when housing chams in a glass aquarium, the need for a drip system (clone: sounds like some sort of infection), and handling chams (do it as little as possible).
:The customer thanks me, and (unknown to me) thanks the manager for having such knowledgable salespeople. The manager comes by, tells me I'm doing a good job, and asks me to unpack the crickets. The look on his face was priceless when I told him I'm not an employee.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]