kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Innoculous things, these herps....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by gomezvi on September 16, 2002 at 11:06:14:

I posted this in the Chameleon section, thought you guys might like:
My wife hates herps...hates everything about them. She doesn't like the smell of the feeders (the thought of roaches and maggots makes her wanna puke), doesn't like to mess with supplements, and gets this cute face whenever she even LOOKS at my herps (>_<). In short, the whole thing gives her the willies. So I did the best thing for her. I bought some baby veiled chams, and some baby bearded dragons. The idea was that I was gonna raise them. Predictably, my wife took on these two projects, and has quickly become the expert when it comes to these babies. She just took one look at them, and that's when I knew she had come over to my side.
I wasn't home when one of my Jackson's started dropping babies two weeks ago, but she was. She took on this project as well, and ABSOLUTELY refuses for me to even touch "HER" babies.
She still gets this face (>_<) when she has to deal with fruit flies and dust-sized crickets (I think there's some maggots in my hair!), but she knows that her babies come first, and she'll just have to deal with the unpleasantries.
I guess that's how it is at my house. My wife was opposed to me having bonsai, and she is now quite a bonsai "expert" (we have over 300 trees). She hated the idea of me keeping these creepy crawlies at first, but now has her own "babies": 15 beardies, 5 veileds, 20 jacksons. She's also starting to take over care of my adult chams, and I'm afraid I might get pushed out of the picture.
She still hates maggots and crickets!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]