kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The first snake escape

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by Sasheena on April 30, 2002 at 06:44:23:

Well, I knew the day would come when I wouldn't put the lid on tight for my snakes. That day came yesterday. I fed the snakes (Three '01 cal kings) their meals and then thought all was well.

Turns out I didn't put one of the lids back on properly. Never noticed however. My husband and I were asleep but I kept feeling something strange on my arm. Finally I turned over in bed to snuggle my husband more closely, only to feel something long and sinouous against my arm. This is at 4 am in the morning! This sensation of "Snake" finally woke me up. I felt around and sure enough there was a snake there. Now, I grabbed the snake in the dark and said calmly to my husband, "One of the snakes is in bed with us".

He turned the light on, and sure enough, one of our Cali kings had gotten out of his cage, crawled down the five or so feet to the floor, bypassed the pet mice, and crawled all the way into our bedroom. Our mattress and box spring rest on the floor at the moment, and I guess he was a little cold so he found us nice warm people to curl up with.

Since we live in Arizona, I'm glad it wasn't a rattlesnake come to visit. I was so calm in picking up this snake in my sleep. Had it been a rattler, both my hubby and I might have been bitten!

In any case, we're very lucky, we found our snake. Or rather he found us.

~Sasheena

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]