kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Hey Lester

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Jeff Judd on January 23, 2003 at 09:00:33:

In Reply to: Re: Hey Lester posted by kwe on January 23, 2003 at 00:59:06:

::: Well, I thought I was going to get some insults from collectors but I got reasonable replies instead . I cant argue with them, I just had to spout off because I feel bad for the lizards, I do herp shows all over and I hate seeing these guys for sale, it's a bad situation with them since we cant expect a reserve for each of the species and its only going to get worse. When I see adds for these and other animals such as wild caught chucks and leopard lizards I just think of what kind of moral value due these guys have? Hopefully Karma comes into play, the whole wildcaught thing really bugs me but thats a whole other can of bad worms. Man their I go again, anyway I love horned lizards and I wish them luck. See you at the shows. KB

The first thing people need to stop doing is denying the fact they are part of the demise of wildlife. People satisfy their own guilt by placing the blame on others. I like horned lizards more than anyone I have ever met except maybe Baur and Montannuci but thats only because I have worked with them for about 13 years and them about 40 years. When I want to promote captive breeding it is NOT to promote the the capture and sale of wild caught individuals. I think their should be strict laws against the selling of any wildcaught individual but it is stupid and senseless for their to be laws against captive breeding and producing many more horned lizards. I don't understand how someone that gives any type of sh*t about them can push laws against producing animals.Instead they should promote laws against developing undisturbed habitat where it counts. I know the argument that captive breeding causes the capture and sell of wildcaught this is bullsh*t. It promotes great numbers in horned lizards and less stress on wildcaught. Laws against selling wildcaught have been in place for many years to no effect so the laws against propagation should be overturned.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]