kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Just an update!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by lisak on November 25, 2002 at 08:41:41:

In Reply to: Just an update! posted by WYOtoads on November 23, 2002 at 23:29:39:

Congratulations on your HLs. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. I have had much help from this site as well. My baby is 10-12 weeks old, still runs from the Harvesters, but likes the little ants. I'm wondering if anyone knows at about what age they can, or will, eat the Harvesters? I'm getting ready to start ordering the Argentines, because my backyard ants are starting to hibernate. Plus, I think my neighbors are ready to have me committed after seeing me kneeling down in the yard with my big yellow tweezers!!! Also, I'm thinking they may be too young to tell the sex yet? I know I can't tell on mine. Good luck, Lisa

:I have not posted for a while but would like to say that because of advice found on the forum, my babies had their three month birthday, Nov. 11th! I have moved them from their small tank to a ten gallon in the last month. They have lots of native landscaping thay can explore in. I found a heater that I stuck inside the tank on the wall that is a pad, that works great to keep the temperature right where it needs to be. Thanks to all the help I received at Life Studies or Ants Alive, I have ants that are the right size for them. They eat constantly! I never knew lizards had such personalities-if they see me with the ant container they run around the tank or run to the side that I am feeding from for dinner. They have their own schedule for feeding. THey act like dogs almost. because when they see me they follow my hands. When they are getting ready to pounce on something they wag thier tails so fast and bounce up and down. I could watch them for hours. Although I do not know any of the correct terminology I think that I have done a good job raising them thanks to all that have helped me by answering my questions. I have to say though that they are expensive little boogers to feed in Wyoming when the ground is frozen and there are no bugs to feed them. Between ants, meal worms, pinheads and vitamins I am going for broke! They are great fun for both my husband and I to watch. We take them out constantly to play with them! Thanks again for all the help everyone! I do have a question though-are they too young for me to determine their sex? And if not, how can I tell?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]