kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: New Owner - a few questions (long - any help apprec)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by gcsnelling on November 25, 2002 at 08:27:38:

In Reply to: Re: New Owner - a few questions (long - any help apprec) posted by WYOtoads on November 24, 2002 at 22:52:46:

I was not trying to slam you or anything of that sort, and nothing I said warranted the tone of your response. I was trying to point out what could be a critical misinformation regarding the ID of the ants. If your source told you that Argetines were harvesters that would concern me since if they have that wrong, what else are they telling you which could be wrong. Argentines and harvestors are very different chemically which is why expressed concern. Since you live in Wyoming There is little chance of Argentines establishing there. I have a major advantage over you in that I live in Southern California which means many ant species are still active here and will be all winter, not a knock on you , but a nice plus, I guess there has to be one since I live in the Los Angeles area. If it were me and I were trying to feed small HLs I would probably try using Solenopsis xyloni, one of our native fireants (although Lester and I have had words about this)another choice would be Messor pergandei a harvester species which has much smaller workers I am glad your kids are doing well. and wish you continued good luck with them

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]