kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Color dots? more....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Mark Berger on September 24, 2002 at 07:16:12:

I know that beardie breeders use some color dot to tell which babies came from a clutch. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was and if it is safe for HLs too? We keep monthly (at least) weight and length (SVL on lizards, TL on snakes) on each of our animals. The two HLs we are getting look almost exactly the same, and it would be nice, until we difinitive things to tell them apart with, to be able to dot them.

It might be me being anal, but I do believe that weight and growth patterns can tell alot about care (and maybe this is due to teh fact that I also keep birds and they hide illness so weight is usually the first indicator).

Along those lines... Lester, do you have a compled average growth/weight for desert HLs over long term? I would like some kind of standard to compare ours with. I know I seem full of questions, but these are the ones I haven't seen answered yet.

BTW- we brought them home after we watched them pig out! They seem to love the enclosure, finding the basking spots and burrowing into the sand. One even did the display for me (push-ups!)

Mark and Aimee

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]