kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

New to this site. Great Info Lester

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Spanish on June 05, 2002 at 14:36:47:

This is the first time that I have been to this site. I am very pleased with the info here. Lester you are doing such a great job!! It is wonderful that there is not a lot of encouragement of keeping HL's as pets. Over the past 30 years the HL population has decreased so much. I have permits from the Texas Parks and Wildlife to rehab these animals and also in some cases use for educational purposes. THL's take a lot of care and ALOT of ants. I have seen a lot of post of people trying to get out of feeding them ants. Fact is they need them to survive period. So be prepared to get bit a few times :)I have found that it is easier to transfer ants by using needle nose pliers. They dont hurt the ants and reduce the chance of being stung. If you are stung apply ice first, and this may sound weird but I have found that Anbesol works great for the pain. But do not touch your HL with the Anbesol on your hands. Lester I would love to talk to you more!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]