kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks (more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Lyn on May 26, 2002 at 07:41:30:

In Reply to: Re: Pics of my new Horned Lizards... posted by Lester G. Milroy III on May 25, 2002 at 19:51:52:

I have a second freezer filled w/ rats, mice, chicks, etc... and I also have a second fridge (a small one) that I keep my Beardie greens in and Mealies. Should be fine for the ants too. I guess I can see why these don't make good pets for the average pet person. Most people wouldn't want ants in their fridge, and I had no idea they needed such a large cage. I'm a little nuttier than the average pet person, no worries about a large cage or ants in my fridge :-)

This cage will be available soon. It is a homemade cage currently occupied by my Savannah Monitor.

I am in the process of making him his own room in my basement as he is outgrowing it. The cage is 5 feet long, 3 feet wide, almost 2 feet tall. It's not ant-proof though. I'd have to work on sealing it better to hold sand instead of cypress mulch too. Would it be ok to feed them the ants outside of the enclosure? Maybe I could use the 20 gallon just for a feeding tank? For now I'll move them to one of my 55 gallons until they can have the 5 by 3. Would garden stores carry stream washed sand or do you have to special order it? Thanks so much for their latin names too, I use them on my website and was going to ask if anyone knew them. I tried misting them last night and they were not happy. Ran around wagging their tails. It was room temp water. Then the sand got stuck all over them because they were wet. I felt very bad. I'll try the distilled in a shallower bowl. One last question, what are the 3 spots on the top of their head? My beardies have the 3rd eye (real name on the tip of tongue) but these guys have 2 more distinct spots behind that? I don't have a pic that shows it. Thanks again for all your help!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]