kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I beg to differ. I know tons of the roundup hunters here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by ReptileFreak18 on April 22, 2002 at 16:14:25:

In Reply to: Re: I beg to differ. I know tons of the roundup hunters here posted by Lou on April 22, 2002 at 14:46:03:

: Zane-it would be interesting to here a balance view from some of those killer snake round-up people. I am sure there are abuses, but now 90% of the herpers involved in this have evil intentions of decimating the snake populations? Maybe it's the water...........

I would love to hear from an honest hunter.....
Most are hunters, I doubt many herpers would stand for this. Hunters aren't bad in my book simply 'cuz it's normally legal and the money for the permits are also going back to the animals. I don't know if any money that these places earn are used for the snakes so I'm not saying much on that. Have you ever been to a round-up? They are advertised as a family event with such activites as showing people how to get into a sleeping bag with live rattlesnakes, as well as having a public butcher shop where families can watch as the snakes are killed and skinned,and hen these snakes are in the pits you will see them being kicked and stepped on.
Don't sound like abuse to me, not at all. Get together with a hunter and go see what happens..A HUNTER not a herper, hunters are the main deal here. I'm sure the actual herpers are fighting against these acts, not for them. ::Water is good::

Zane

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]