kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: w.c. Hog ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]

Posted by SGRudedawg on January 16, 2003 at 22:52:28:

In Reply to: Re: w.c. Hog ?? posted by Colchicine on January 16, 2003 at 20:58:42:

Well I suppose were slightly off track here with this discussion but.... Number one-No I certainly do not think you are a freak for the way you feel about CB's vs WC. It is obviously always a better choice to go with CB. (besides my kids finding a snake and keeping it a couple days, all we ever keep is CB at this house) Its just that when a guy gets on here to ask a question about something he obviously cares enough about to ask and he gets his head taken off it bugs me. (turns out he bought the snake) I am sure that 95% of the people on these forums have kept a WC at one time or another in their life whether they choose to admit it or not. That is what brings most people to the joy of raising snakes to begin with. Nothing at all wrong with letting the person know what the facts are about the decline of wild reptiles and how it is sometimes much harder to keep a WC than a CB (though I seldom have had much trouble doing so myself, and I definitely am not as into the "science" of it as a lot of you are) You just do not need to be so sanctimonious about it. You will just turn them away from anything valid you were trying to tell them.

:I really hate it when people use a ridiculously lame and old excuse to justify taking wild animals. Sure, CB came from WC, but with the current availability of hognoses on the market for so cheap, how can anyone argue taking a WC? It's not like this guy is a breeder looking for heterozygosity in his collection, if he was a breeder we would KNOW how to get it to feed.
: I am sure you are reasonable enough to realize that these animals are not disposable, take them when it's convenient, and release them with it's inconvenient. What a great way to expose a naive population to a novel disease than to release a stressed animal exposed to other herps into the wild! Go ahead and call me a freak for believing that wild animals belong in the wild.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Hognose Forum ]