kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: "Herpes Crazed Nut"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]

Posted by ZACK! on January 19, 2002 at 12:19:05:

In Reply to: OK, OK.... I am not a Nut Sack..... You are not a Nut-Zack.....More... posted by HerpNut on January 19, 2002 at 04:54:46:

: Zack,

: Maybe we started off with the wrong foot here

: I apologize!!!

I am just giving you a little sh%t. lol We basically agree. All I'm saying Is If I wanted to work with a certain sub specie of heloderma, I would get an animal that physically represents that sub specie. What kind of pleasure would one get out of an animal that everyone would guess It to be a Horridum, and you get to say "No It's not" It's actually a poor example of an exasperatum with hardly any color"? Or a Cintum which people love because of their bands and major amount of lovely color, having one that looks like a suspectum would be a drag. I think all heloderma are attractive In their own way. I just would want something that screams with the look of that particular sub specie, not a specimen that Is an exception to the rule. I think most would agree with that. As for the art of creating a certain look. Yea, I think that most people breed animals to try to get looks they like. That's the fun part If you ask me. It Is as close to playing God as you can get! ZACK!

Ps... thanks for taking the time by informing people who aren't aware of the existence of the AZA stud book

: : Zack,

: : You once again YOU missed my point...

: : Gila Monster subspecies cannot be grouped by physical or morphological similarity. A more accurate method must be employed to determine subspecific identity. The characters used to distinguish between Gila Monster subspecies is useless because subspecies overlap considerably.
: : To eliminate this taxonomic dilemma, genetic analysis of DNA is needed.

: : It seens to me that you are a reptile hobbiest looking for the man made Art/Herpetoculture lattest tread. :)

: : You know, people are usually afraid of what they can not understand. :) :)

: : Sit back and learn... :) :) :)

:
: : : Marty, and nut sack,
: : : you guys missed my point. My point Is that sometimes It isn't easy to always tell what sub specie you are looking at, and It isn't always as you put It Marty "cut N dry," but If you are worried that your animal might be on the fence (looking like It could be confused with two different sub specie) than acquire animals that leave nothing to speculation. You can't tell me that having a Cintum like some of the animals on the cover of Dr Seward's book could actually be miss labeled and really are Suspetum. Give ME a break. ZACK!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]