kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Kerry, you are difficult

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]

Posted by ZACK! on January 05, 2002 at 22:39:55:

In Reply to: The only thing wrong with my post...... posted by kerry on January 04, 2002 at 23:00:54:

Kerry,
here Is a quote for you. Author unknown.

Title.....You are Difficult!

You are difficult when you tell the truth.

You are difficult when you want what you want.

You are difficult when you have integrity!

That's It. There Is no more. It's a very simple quote, but Is also very profound. It suits you, and that's a compliment. I for one enjoy your tell It like It Is posting. ZACK!

.....was that I forgot to put a (LOL) after the comment about you being caught in a lie. Like you, I guess I just came up a little "short"(LOL). Unlike you, I won't be tap-dancing my way around the issue in an attempt to excuse myself after being exposed.

: My point was and still is that many wild gila populations wouldn't be able to thrive WITHOUT eggs, and that many captive gilas in the past have as a matter of record survived for years on a diet of virtually NOTHING BUT eggs. Does this mean I condone this practice? Absolutely not, especially if you want to breed them.

: As for my "inflated ego", I don't criticize other people's animals, I criticize what other people are calling their animals, based on my 30+ years of experience with the morphology and other natural history traits of the animal in question. I'm sorry if you find this in any way offensive or intimidating, but I would much rather share what I have learned to be relevant than for others to go on believing in the wishful thinking of misconception. Sure, everyone with gilas that retain a trace of banding in the pattern would like to believe they possess the more "valuable" cinctum, which in reality is little more than a morph. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, subspecies or no subspecies, and that is how I think the market should be approached.

: If you would, please allow this "inflated ego" to indulge it's self once again by looking at what I have already said about the subject, not to criticize, but to bring about a greater sense of REALITY.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Heloderma Forum ]