kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Improper eye shedding of Brazilian Rainbow Boa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herpetological Health Forum ]

Posted by lolaophidia on May 11, 2003 at 09:05:55:

In Reply to: Improper eye shedding of Brazilian Rainbow Boa posted by yani45 on May 11, 2003 at 02:22:46:

If you're careful, after a good soak sometimes you can use a piece of tape to gently remove the spectacle. Just lightly touch the stickey side to the eye and slowly lift up. If there's an edge on the scale that shows out of the orbit you can sometimes catch that with blunt tweezers and lift the scale off. I have in a pinch, very carefully pulled retained spectacles off a friend's 9 foot retic with just my fingernails, but they had an edge that I could get to (much larger snake).
Check the shed skin to be positive that the spectacle was retained. I had a rescued Ball that had a lot of dimpling over the eyes that wasn't retained scales- just lack of humidity.
Good Luck!
Lora

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herpetological Health Forum ]