kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Maternal incubation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by Brandon Osborne on March 24, 2003 at 11:14:54:

In Reply to: Maternal incubation posted by henry on March 24, 2003 at 07:14:03:

Hi Henry. So far it has worked out great. She's knows more about this stuff than I do. With this clutch, there were so many eggs that she couldn't get all of them in the coil. I had 10 more eggs in the incubator and 3 have gone bad.

I use a cockatiel nest box for egg laying with bone dry sphagnum moss for medium. Humidity is kept at 80-100% and the ambient heat INSIDE the nest box is kept at 80-84*. I usually remove babies as they crawl out of the coils and around the cage.

Brandon

:Brandon, you have let her keep her eggs twice? How does that work out for you? How do you set her up and how soon do you remove the babies? Beautiful picture, BTW.

:Henry

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]