kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Starter

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by conservationist on April 22, 2003 at 09:22:04:

In Reply to: Starter posted by Natrix_natrix on April 19, 2003 at 16:15:33:

My best pet snake was a california kingsnake. Some snakes just tolerate being handled, but she apparently liked being handled. When her cage was opened, she'd always climbed into my hands, was always very calm while doing so, and never even tempted to bite. I raised her from a hatchling and held her pretty much every day. They're not very expensive, if you can get them from a breeder (probably $15-$20), and there are quite a few different morphs. Mine was a desert phase.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

:Iīve read lots of posts about first snake choices but still couldnīt decide.
:Iīve worked in a pet shop and had my first contact with a lampropeltis triangulum ?????.
:it looked like a 5' scarlet but i donīt know which one it was...
:I picked her (female) ONLY once.
:honestly, she made me lose a little bit of interest about snakes. she was a bit jumpy and nervous...
:I started reading and started to like other types of snakes(boas and pythons).
:Assuming I want a small to medium snake than doesn't bite, should I get a ball python or a rosy boa? (CB of course, and assuming they are eating)

:Thank you all answers!
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]