kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: LOL.. thats dangerous, but you know that ..(more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by norvolt on April 08, 2003 at 14:58:30:

In Reply to: LOL.. thats dangerous, but you know that ..(more) posted by genaroleon on April 08, 2003 at 14:49:06:

I can flip him but he doesn't like it, he will correct himself after a moment.

The previous owner was worried about over feeding the snake so he just kept feeding rat fuzzies once a week. I am going to try to get him to eat like my other sankes (small to large rats) but I am just worried.

The snake isn't stressed at all, real relaxed in its new home. Which I would think it would compared to what it was living in.

:Will the snake allow you to put its head upside-down on a table?? If so does it stay like that for a while or does it immediatly fix itself - how about the whole entire body, would it let you place it on its back?? When you say fuzzy are you talking about a rat fuzzy? I ask this becuae a 2 year old python which is still on mice fuzzies.... just seems a little odd to me.

::I have never seen this before. I have a Ball that I got about 3 weeks ago that I have never seen eat before. It was given to me by a guy who was going off to college and couldn't care for it anymore. It is a 2 year old Male appears healthy in all aspects. I asked if it was eating well and he said yes it eats one fuzzy a week. I asked if he prekilled them or not and he said not that the snake does.

::Well after I had him for 3 weeks I decided it was time to see if he would take food so I placed a fuzzy in its cage and watched. The python took its time checking out its prey, about 15 mins. Then it just grabed ahold of it backwards and ate it alive. Now I know that snakes will eat prey backwards sometimes but I have never seen one take prey alive and kicking.

::I have had ball pythons for several years now and thought I heard it all. Just seeing if anyone else heard of this or know if anything could be wrong.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]