kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Cali kingsnake - bunch of questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by krapylet on March 05, 2003 at 05:24:19:

In Reply to: Re: Cali kingsnake - bunch of questions posted by hotshot on March 04, 2003 at 12:41:40:

Okay, thanks a lot. The male got so extremely aggressive yesterday (struck 5 times) so I separated them immediately. I was wondering though, I have a 240 litre tank for the male alone now. I've read some places that they should be kept in a smaller tank when young, but I was kinda hoping he would do fine in the big one, because then he would grow up in it and get used to it, and it would save me the enormous expense of continuously buying new tanks. (This is norway. It's insanely expensive. One pinkie costs nearly $2)

The female is completely docile, and I handled her for a long time yesterday, with no signs of aggression at all, not even a flicker of the tail.

So I absolutely need to remove the heating rock? It's not that warm, it just feels slightly warm to the touch. It said on the package it came in that it was fitting for kingsnakes, too. I don't know, I'm the newbie..

So no sand either? I use the sand because I figure the snake will feel more comfy in it, and of course because it looks a lot better. For security, I do have a top on the tank, they've crept out of certain air hatches, but I've "patched" them up, and I even saw him try to escape and fail.

I really appreciate the help here, I'll go home and figure out what to do know. Take care.
Kjetil

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]