kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Which is the best season to purchase a baby boa?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by Classic_Dums on February 06, 2003 at 05:19:04:

In Reply to: Which is the best season to purchase a baby boa? posted by peterfromme on February 05, 2003 at 12:33:50:

I would say summer myself. All of the babies are popping out. That's why the shows get alot better during the summer months, everyone has babies!!! May, June and July sometimes earlier depending on when the snakes were bred are being born or are ready for sale. I know we have had neonates as early as March or April. But if you buy this early make sure they are eating and what they are eating. If you watch the classifieds here you will know. You start seeing all of these babies posted! I know I have seen in other forums people are already starting to have litters because of early breeding. But the majority are born early-mid summer. You will get a better selection and most likely a better price. But if you see one that you want now or in April, go for it. Most likely they will be '02 babies and are established. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Danni :) SMILE

:Hi,
:I recently attended the New York Reptile Expo (January) and was quite pleased with the variety of baby boas.

:Due to their breeding season, what are the chances of the same variety at the show for the month of April?

:I spoke with a couple of breeders and they seemed quite skeptical...

:Basically, is there a better time of the year to see the variety of baby boas a breeder may have (eg. Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer)? Does it matter?

:Thanks,

:Peter F.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]