kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What should I get?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Tenor Goddess on April 28, 2003 at 12:51:06:

In Reply to: What should I get? posted by shyguy4217 on April 21, 2003 at 12:41:18:

I agree with the below post. It really depends on what you are looking for personally. :)
Corn snakes ar easy to care for but I think uros and chameleons are too ONLY because I've had experience with everything from carnivores and insectivores to omnivores and strictly herbivorous reptiles. Chameleons, though some species like the veils, panthers and jackson's are more hardy, have special needs and can stress easily as posted below.
Uros require a diet mostly of fruits/veggies (see iguana salad on www.anapsid.org) but also take SOME insects but not near as many as your local pet store may have you believe.
All three are wonderful to work with but it depends on what you are looking for.
Do you want an animal that is highly active and that you CAN handle? Do you want an animal of a real sluggish and easy to handle nature or do you want a display animal that you more than likely CANNOT handle but can enjoy caring for and observing?
Once you decide questions like this, then ask along those guidelines and there are sure to be some specimens off hand we could recommend. :D

Hope this helped! :)

Amanda & the Menagerie - http://amandas_menagerie.tripod.com

: Just looking for some opinions
: Hi I was wondering should I get a cornsnake, a uromastyx, or a chameleon?
: Just looking for some opinions
:Thanx

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Lizard Forum ]